Tuesday, 3 June 2014
Education for free at iversity with a valuable certificate
Iversity - What iversity actually is ?
iversity.org is a platform for Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). MOOCs offer unprecedented opportunities for students and professors alike. It believes that open courses can make a difference by enabling students from all over the world to take courses from professors all over the world. Conversely open courses enable professors to extend their reach by teaching tens of thousands of students worldwide.
Access to education can both vastly improve people’s lives and bring about real change to communities as a whole. This is why its courses are free to everyone. This is also why its course offerings are constantly expanding and cover a range of subjects that include medicine, computer science, economics, physics, law, design and philosophy.
They work in close cooperation with instructors, universities and knowledge-based companies to build high-quality courses that are engaging, interactive and fun. There aim is not to replace the university but to empower academics. Likewise, being based in Europe, they are able to take advantage of the European Credit Transfer System. Their partnered institutions have the opportunity to offer exams that award ECTS credits. They are the only MOOC platform to have courses that offer ECTS credits and working to expand this possibility further.
With MOOCs, education becomes accessible to everyone, anywhere on the globe.
They believe in the trans-formative power of online education. So do you?
Education in its general sense is a form of learning in which the knowledge, skills, and habits of a group of people are transferred from one generation to the next through teaching, training, or research. Education frequently takes place under the guidance of others, but may also be auto-didactic. Any experience that has a formative effect on the way one thinks, feels, or acts may be considered educational. Education is commonly divided into stages such as preschool, primary school, secondary school and then college, university or-apprenticeship. As rightly said " Education is the most powerful weapon which you can choose to change the world "
And imagine if its free....! What better can we expect ?
The best perk of these online courses offered by iversity is that you get certified for your performance in these MOOCs. These certificate counts a lot whether you are applying somewhere for a job or as a student at some university.
To access this free education neither you should have any particular qualification nor do you need to pay a single penny. You just need to sign up for your account and you are done. You can access lecture videos, notes . You can also join the discussions which is the most interesting part. There are ample of free courses offered by iversity . Some courses are offered in English and also some in German . You can easily enroll yourself for these courses :
Some of these awesome and marvelous free Online Courses that Iversity offers to you are listed below. Increase your potentials by learning something new, meet people from different places and earn a Certificate !
1. The Future of Storytelling- https://iversity.org/c/6?r=2fbca
2. Contemporary Architecture- https://iversity.org/c/20?r=2fbca
3. The DO school Start-up Lab- https://iversity.org/c/27?r=2fbca
4. Public Privacy: Cybersecurity and Human Rights-https://iversity.org/c/28?r=2fbca
5. Design 101: https://iversity.org/c/2?r=2fbca
6. Political Philosophy, an introduction: https://iversity.org/c/24?r=2fbca
7. Modelling and Simulation using MATLAB: https://iversity.org/c/13?r=2fbca
8. Web-Engineering I: Grundlagen der Web-Entwicklung:https://iversity.org/c/18?r=2fbca
9. Dark Matter in Galaxies: the Last Mystery: https://iversity.org/c/25?r=2fbca
10. Monte Carlo Methods in Finance: https://iversity.org/c/3?r=2fbca
11. The Fascination of Crystals and Symmetry: https://iversity.org/c/4?r=2fbca
12. Mathe-MOOC: Mathematisch denken!: https://iversity.org/c/5?r=2fbca
13. The European Union in Global Governance: https://iversity.org/c/7?r=2fbca
14. Sectio chirurgica MOOC - 'Klinische Anatomie Kopf / Hals':https://iversity.org/c/8?r=2fbca
15. Changemaker MOOC - Social Entrepreneurship:https://iversity.org/c/9?r=2fbca
16. DNA - From Structure to Therapy: https://iversity.org/c/10?r=2fbca
17. Internationales Agrarmanagement: https://iversity.org/c/11?r=2fbca
18. Meine Schule transformieren – ein Reiseführer:https://iversity.org/c/16?r=2fbca
19. Web Engineering II: Developing Mobile HTML5 Apps:https://iversity.org/c/19?r=2fbca
20. Grundlagen des Marketing: https://iversity.org/c/21?r=2fbca
21. Algorithmen und Datenstrukturen: https://iversity.org/c/23?r=2fbca
22. Einführung in die Betriebswirtschaftslehre: https://iversity.org/c/26?r=2fbca
23. Vehicle Dynamics I: Accelerating and Braking: https://iversity.org/c/30?r=2fbca
24. Vehicle Dynamics II: Cornering: https://iversity.org/c/31?r=2fbca
25. Vehicle Dynamics III: Vertical oscillations: https://iversity.org/c/32?r=2fbca
26. Einführung in die Wahrscheinlichkeitsrechnung:https://iversity.org/c/33?r=2fbca
27. Gamification Design:https://iversity.org/c/50?r=2fbca
28. Designing Resilient Schools: https://iversity.org/c/54?r=2fbca
29. Einführung in die Betriebswirtschaftslehre: https://iversity.org/c/57?r=2fbca
30. Международный аграрный менеджмент: https://iversity.org/c/78?r=2fbca
31. Design Thinking: https://iversity.org/c/87?r=2fbca
32. Grundlagen des Marketing: https://iversity.org/c/145?r=2fbca
33. Mathe-MOOC: Mathematisch denken!: https://iversity.org/c/151?r=2fbca